Caroline E. Pollock
Writing, Design, and Editorial Background
- Writing ~ Freelance writer for Associated Content and Yahoo! News since November 2010. Experience in blogging since 2005, web content, and SEO since 2011. Clients have included Swift Global Media, 3G Graphics, Ozio Media, Prolific Writers Inc. and Local SEO Inc.
- Editing ~ Editor for the group mental health blog Band Back Together
- Research ~ Currently researching varied SEO topics. Past work included research, development, and securing of $750,000 donation for political action group.
- Business Writing ~ Write business advice and entrepreneurial tips for Digital Zen Ink . Prior work includes ghost writing for Capital Hill lobbyists.
- Internet, HTML, Web Design ~ Web Design for The Saint Cecilia Group. Webmaster for My Daily Diatribes, and Co-Master of Digital Zen Ink.
- Social Media ~ Avid use of social media platforms such as Twitter, Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, multiple blogs, and forums. Social Media Manager Blueberry Too and Sun and Moon Yoga; Co-Manager for Digital Zen Ink.
- Platforms ~ Well versed in MS Office, WordPress, Picasa, Komposer, FileZilla, Gimp, and Blogger.
Web Design, Freelance Writer, Editor ~ November 2010 to Present
Dade City, FL
Editor for Band Back Together, a mental health blog
Design and maintain web sites for small organizations, businesses.
Write articles for Yahoo! News and Associated Content including news pieces, cooking, poetry, and creative writing. Additionally, I write for Band Back Together, Digital Zen Ink.
Service Representative ~ April 2009 – June 2010
Social Security Administration
Dade City, FL
Instructed and assisted public in understanding government rules and regulations regarding disability claims, retirement, Medicare, and survivors benefits.
Educational Instructor ~ October 2008 – March 2009
Board of Education, Pasco County
San Antonio, FL
Assisted teacher assigned to Department of Juvenile Justice Drop-Out Prevention educational programs, in organizing and implementing an instructional, academic program based on the individual assessed needs of each student and in accordance with the school district’s philosophy and curriculum system.
Administrative Assistant ~ January 2004 – February 2005
George G. Sharp/United States Coast Guard
Managed and maintained US Coast Guard Marine Information for Safety and Law Enforcement (MISLE) database for use by analysts, field inspectors and various Marine Safety Offices; Provided administrative support to the Deputy Chief of the Marine Safety Center; Ensured workload was completed within the deadlines set forth by the USCG and Congress.
Resigned position due to pregnancy complications
Administrative Assistant ~ October 2003 – January 2004
Susan B. Anthony PAC
Briefed the SBA Board of Directors on all research findings gathered on various legislative issues; Aided in landing the single largest donation, by a sole donor, of over three quarters of a million dollars
B.A., Christendom College, 2003 – History
Awards and Memberships
Freelancers Union, 2011
Commendation, United States Coast Guard, 2004